1/13/13

A SHORT DAY IN JULIAN

Yesterday My husband and I decided it would be fun to get out of the house and have a little adventure day like we use to every weekend when we were first married. So we decided to venture up to julian, a cute small town about an hour and a half away. If you live in the area im sure you have heard of julian apple pie, it's the best apple pie around! So we headed on up in hopes of seeing some snow, doing a little thrifting and eating some yummy apple pie. Well our day took a turn for the worse when a  kid stole my wallet right off my stroller! I turned for just a second to take a picture and out of the corner of my eye i saw two kids acting kinda shady and extremely close to me and the stroller. It happened rather quickly cause i looked and they quickly walked away, i didn't think much of it until a few minutes later when i went to grab my wallet to go into the store and it was missing! I had david stay with the stroller and search through it while i ran back to retrace my steps and make sure i didn't drop it. When i couldn't find it i told david about the kids near my stroller and showed him who they were, so he walked over to them and asked if they had seen a wallet they all said no and a few minutes later the younger kid ran into the museum and than came out and joined his family. Two seconds later davids phone rings and it was the museum saying a kid just turned in my wallet that he "found on the ground" of course all my money was missing, over 100 dollars =( So david approached the family again and told the dad that his son just turned in my wallet but all the money was missing, of course the kid denied it so there was nothing we could do about.
It's so sad that a kid so young would do this, he must have only been 10, and so disheartening that the father didn't really even care. It's very frustrating knowing who took your money and knowing they have it and you cant get it back! To top it all off it wasn't even my christmas money it was my sons that i was going to use towards his first birthday party. It's still bothering me but I'm trying to just give it to God and not dwell on it and be annoyed cause there is nothing i can do about it now. I am so thankful that he at least turned my wallet back in so i don't have to go through the hassle of getting a new license etc. and thankfully he didn't take any of my gift cards! It kinda put a damper on the day so we just decided to head on home. But i couldn't not stop at my favorite thrift/antique store on the way, so we stopped in and i picked up some goodies that brightened my day a little! If you are ever in the area you MUST go to wynola junction antiques & collectibles. It's huge and has so many treasures! Here's a few pictures from our short day in julian


IMG_1728.JPG
This is the picture i was taking while my wallet was getting stolen, not even a good picture haha!
IMG_1721.JPG
IMG_1717-4.jpg
My favorite book store in julian
IMG_1706-4.jpg
We had a picnic in town
IMG_1709.jpg
My favorite drink ^
IMG_1705.JPG
All bundled up it was only 39 degrees!
IMG_1724-4.jpg
A very small amount of snow left on the ground
IMG_1732-4.jpg
Some goodies from the antique store ^



3 comments:

  1. that bookstore looks so perfect! I love stumbling upon used bookstores. looks like a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's my favorite kombucha drink too! I love the guava.. maybe it's just the pink though, I don't know.. haha. Lovely photos as usual!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to read all your comments!