1/27/14

Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chunks

ZucchiniMuffins-5.jpg

Ingredients :
2 eggs
1 cup of shredded zucchini (i usually use a little more one whole medium sized zucchini for extra moister)
1/2 cup of canola oil
1tsp vanilla
1 cup of sugar
1 1/2 cups of flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 Bag of Trader Joe's Chocolate Chunk 

Heat oven to 350
Spray Muffin pan with non stick cooking spray 
In a large bowl beat eggs with mixer until foamy. Stir in shredded Zucchini, canola oil and vanilla. Add remaining ingredients and mix by hand with a wooden spoon. Add chocolate chunks, i used a little more than half of the bag =) Pour batter into muffin pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. 

I've had a bag of chocolate chunks from Trader Joe's that have been sitting on my counter staring me in the face all week! I couldn't find a recipe anywhere that i already had all the ingredients for….but i did have a zucchini that needed to be used and all the ingredients for my favorite zucchini bread recipe. So i decide to just make them into muffins instead and add the chocolate chunks. They were a hit around our house just like the bread usually is!
You can find my mom's original Zucchini Bread Recipe in an old post HERE. Its one of my favorites ! Enjoy !

ZucchiniMuffins-10.jpg
ZucchiniMuffins-16.jpg

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! I love to read all your comments!