9/13/13

Homemade Pickles

pickles-8.jpg

I know we all have fall on the mind and this is definitely a bit of a summer post, but i took these photos months ago and have just now gotten around to posting them! I wanted to share my Dads homemade pickle recipe with you all because it is just so good ! He picks all his cucumbers from the garden so they are home grown, organic and delicious !

Recipe:
1/4 cup pickling salt
1/2 gallon of water
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup white vinegar
2 tsps pickling spice
2 cloves of pressed garlic per jar
Cucumbers

Instructions:
Boil salt, water, sugar, and vinegar in a pot for 7 minutes. Remove from heat and add pickling spice (wrapped in cheesecloth bundle). Let cool for 5 minutes. Fill a mason jar with sliced cucumbers and pressed garlic, then pour slightly cooled pickling water to the top of the jar. Seal and refrigerate for up to a week before eating.

pickles-1.jpg
pickles-2.jpg
pickles1.jpg
pickles-6.jpg
pickles2.jpg
pickles-10.jpg

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know why, but I really thought pickle-ing was more difficult haha!
    This seems so easy, and delicious! :) I'm definitely going to have to give it a try! Thanks darlin'!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to read all your comments!