4/4/13

I come quietly to meet you

IMG_6860.JPG

Not to get to heavy over here, I like to keep this blog very positive but every once in awhile it's nice to be able to write what I'm going through. This week has been a trying one. I have just been flooded with so many thoughts of self doubt and insecurities that crept up out of know where, for no reason. It hit me sunday night and has carried threw all week, it has felt like someone is whispering to me "your not good enough"everyday.
I don't even know where this came from or why I have been so down this week but I can say that every single time i have sat down to read my devotional it has been exactly what i needed to hear.
God is so faithful to give us encouragement and build us back up again, to tell us we are good enough, that he has good things in store for us and that he will never fail us!
The book i am reading is called " I come quietly to meet you" by Amy Carmichael. It is so poetic and beautifully written! I will leave you with a little paragraph that touches my heart..

"I have found a definite and swift deliverance, in the very
instant the whisperer comes, in turning to him who is nearer than any
whisperer. I say instantly, "Make pure the inmost desire of my heart."
Then there flows into me peace, 
and with it the assurance of the beloved.
However things may appear to be, of all possible circumstances-
those circumstances in whose midst I am set- these are the best that He could
choose for me. We do not know how this is true- where would faith be if we did?
But we do know that all things that happen are full of shinning seed. 
Light is sown for us-not darkness."

IMG_6859.JPG

15 comments:

  1. That mug is so pretty!

    Erica of
    sweet-endeavors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen this? So much truth and something I've been struggling with. http://www.relevantmagazine.com/culture/tech/stop-instagramming-your-perfect-life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing! There is definitely truth in that article. I was on the fence wether or not to post a blog post like this. But i think its so important to keep things real and we all struggle with different things! Life isn't always perfect.
      Some of my favorite blogs to read are ones that i can relate to and connect with. I liked what the article said that "it's about connecting not comparing" ! Thanks for the comment Kaylan =)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful.. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, I have insecurities and feelings of self-doubt most days (though I do well at hiding them). I pray that God continues to remind you how precious and worthy you are in HIS eyes. That you have purpose and that He will use you in mighty ways (even if those ways seem small, they are ever so significant!!).

    much love,
    colie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this. I think we as women always need this kind of encouragement, and to know that someone else feels the same way, but that God is always there for us to show us the Truth found in Him. So glad you found my blog, girl! I will definitely be following along! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post. Your pictures are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this. I have been so discouraged lately and so sad and worn down and feeling not good enough. Even more so after this last week and a half. The guy I've liked for almost a year and put myself out there and faced fears to get to know him, I found out that he has become "friends" with this girl and they are going to end up dating. We go to church together and so I have to see them flirt and sit together and I'm in a bible study with him. The whole thing has completely crushed me. I had had so much hope that maybe something could happen between us and I liked him so much and all along he had no idea and found someone else and I am just broken to pieces and feeling so worthless and that I failed. But anyway, I'm sorry for babbling this story to you. I just love to see posts that encourage because that is what I need so much of right now. So, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry you have been discouraged! I pray that God will bring you some peace and happiness in the middle of your tough situation ! Remember that there is a perfect guy out there waiting for you! xoxo

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to read all your comments!