3/21/13

5 Random Facts About Me

       5 Things you may not know about me // Tagged by the beautiful Lindsey from Pillow Thought

1.
I live in southern California now, but i grew up in 
Bucks County, Pennsylvania. I moved out here when i was 18
to attend college and fell in love with it here and also fell in love with my 
husband! We than both transferred to the beautiful island of kauai to finish up school.
Once we got married we decided it would be a good fit to move back to California and we have
been here ever since. Although we dream of the island life daily and miss it very much!

2.
I have almost died TWICE! Yea pretty crazy right? When i was
16 I was in a really bad car accident with my two best friends. We flipped off the freeway rolled 
down an embankment a few times and got wedged between some trees, the car was either upside down or on its side i cant remember. We had to shimmy out of a broken window and after we got out of the car the entire thing caught on fire ! There was nothing left but the base of the car. The drs couldn't believe we made it out alive and with only a few cuts and bruises! 
The second time was while living in kauai. I don't know if you could say i almost
died, but we were jumping off a 30 ft cliff into a little pond and my second time jumping in I jumped to close to the edge and landed straight on a rock! Thankfully there was a dr there and he jumped in immediately and swam over to help me. He pulled me over to the side and did a few little tests to make sure i wasn't paralyzed. He could not believe that i wasn't ,He said "girl you have angels watching over you" (the second time i heard this!). Not only was i not paralyzed but they thought i was going to have to get a helicopter to fly me out, since you have to hike back up. But some how i managed to make it back up ! And again only had a few bruises!

3.
I often dream of living in a small town in the south! 
It can be pretty overwhelming here at times, there are SO many people living in Souther California and i find myself missing the quiet simple life of kauai. Don't get me wrong i do love it here and i know that i am blessed to live where i do, but i wouldn't mind settling down in a little town 
with big open fields and living the country life!

4.
My Dad is a musician. So i grew up listening to all the best 
music! David doesn't understand how i know all the words to so many songs, but there was constantly music on in our house! From the Beatles to phil collins, fleetwood mac, Paula Cole, Frank Sinatra you name and we listened to it! I think thats why i like so many different types of music, I just love music! It can cheer me up even on the worst day! 
Side Note : Sadly i am not as musically inclind as my father but i did attempt the saxophone when i was in elementary school!  

5.
I am a certified make up artist. Certified by none other than Kandee Johnson herself!
I have been working in makeup for years, Since i was about 16 (I'm almost 26!).
I do love doing makeup and i will still freelance from time to time but
I am pretty happy to be taking a break from it and pursuing my other
passions such as photography, blogging and my etsy shop! 

Afterlight

Sorry for the over exposed picture ^ but its all i have ! 
I would love to here your five random facts ! 
Comment below if you have a post like this !



12 comments:

  1. Your number two is sooo crazy!! I bet it gave everyone a heart attack!!! glad your alive through it all though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definitely one lucky lady! <3 <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Move to Charleston, SC! THAT'S a little town in the South. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't do that jumping thing ever again! Please Promise! Lots of Love, Kyra

    www.kyras.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also live in Cali and spent my childhood years in Hershey! I also, dream of living in a small Southern town one day...oh, and we are going to kauai in May ...i can't wait!!! Thanks for sharing :) I'm a new GFC follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your going to have so much fun in kauai! Lucky!

      Delete
  6. My family is from Bucks and I went to high school there. It is a great place, but I bet it doesn't compare with California! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great! They both have there different charms! =)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to read all your comments!